Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Problem Solving training

I woke up a little earlier today - I knew it was a Saturday; I woke up on purpose that early. Why? I had a problem solving trainning at the plant. I did not need any trainning but the Director of Manufacturing was going to come and I wanted to pitch my ideas to him.

I was a little late since the bus didn't run that often on weekends - damn service. Once there I just apologised for the delay and sat down. Isabell, our registered nurse, brought me some orange juice and a plate with muffin and fruits. Such a nice lady, she always treats me so nice.

I found the trainning an absolute waste of time-I knew more sophisticated stuff than that, however, I was really glad I went for the following revelation. In addition to get my 2 cents to Marty, the director of manufacturing, I realized I was going to become great, indeed really great baby and no one will stop me.

What helped me to this realization was that I KNEW everything he was talking abou; I didn't just know the material, I was a guru at it inside out. Don, the problem solving coach, is in his 60s and learnt all his knowledge as an engineer through the years. Well I got a grip on it in my short experience. This knowledge, combined with a nice fat GMAT and my persuasion skills will let me enter Stanford MBA's program. Yes I KNOW i will enter, just watch me running for the touchdown from your bench.

No comments: