Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Monday, May 22, 2006

I am not looking down on anybody, but...

So I did this ready-in-11-minutes mac and cheese. First, it is not done in 11 minutes, it takes as much just to boil the god damn water with the milk. Second, if they say it renders for 3 then know that that is for one in anywhere but Sumalia. I ate a bag that said it was for 4, well, I think I went too far with that, but anyways, thumb rule, 3 portions if you want a luch, 2 if you just wanna eat, 1 if you want a crack or just wanna eat it with something else. Anyways, mac and cheese is not what I wanted to talk about, see, as I was leaving the kitchen I told the guy in charge of the residencial and owner, that the internet was down, and he said,'Well, they say at the company that it is a problem -and I quote- of the country and not of their connections.' God, at first I thought, there is no way that he called the company or that he didn't understand what they said. Second thing I thought,'and what the hell do you know about country problems.' I mean, it sounds as if I am this arrogant sona bitch, but see, I am not. See, first thing you don't know is how ignorant he and his wife are. God, I feel bad for saying this, but it is so hard not to think that of them. It is not that they are of a lower social class, I mean he used to be from a really low class, but right now he has like 4 cars, and even if he were from a lower class, that would still not be the case. Sometimes I envy him and his simple style of life, I mean, he hasn't to worry about bigger issues, nor to try to keep updated with world events and politics. But then again, I couldn't be, nor would I accept to myself being that ignorant. I mean, for him me being palestinian is the most exciting thing . First he thinks I am blessed for coming from the holyland. I mean come on, we are not blessed, we are cursed. We die everyday in there like ants. Then he tries to talk in politics with me, too bad for him. He is like, why all the violence in there, and I am like 'well, it is complicated." Well, the saying why all the violence" might seem a rational thing to say, I mean, everyone is saying, why all the violence, try to come up with peace. And that is something understandable, but he actually doesnt know the difference between Israel , Palestine and Turkey. He thinks people in there are violent just as people in Chile are thieves.
Well, I know it sounds as if I am exagerating, BUT see, he said that after we were having this other conversation. First, some background you need to have about him. He considers himself religious, I mean he says he is catholic, but he is not. He is some kinda protestant type of catholic. Well, not a roman catholic. I will not enter into religion now, all you gotta know is that he is considered religious; he knows stuff from the bible by heart. So, he tells me that Jews have to have Jerusalem and all that crap about how Jews should be there in all the Glory that the bible talked about. And I am like, well, but it doesn't mean that all christians in there be thrown to hell and be killed like rats alongside with muslims. And he is like,(with the gesture as if I said something completely knew), 'aren't Jews Christians'. Now, you can imagine my face. I am like, from where the hell did you hear that. He says ,'but Christ was a Jew.' And he consideres himself "religious".Anyways, now you can see why I was frustrated that he was actually talking about the Middle East and even tried to talk about Politics. I will not talk about his wife, but she consideres, and I do as well, her husband as really intelectual.
Well, I guess we can't blame them for their ignorance, since I bet they didn't go to good schools. I am not sure they did enter high school. She had her kid at 16. As I say, sometimes I envy them for their simple lives, and the fact that they don't try to know things. Now that I think about it, bad schooling isn't an excuse. God damn it, I know people that didn't finish 6 grade (and I am not exagerating nor will I mention names), that can talk about any topic because they seek the information. Really, let's take me for an example, I do consider myself of those who wanna know it all. I mean, I know 5 languages, and I can't rest because I am not fluent at 2 of them and because I haven't started chinese mandarin yet.
Well, I think I am gonna leave it like that, and go back and finish my reading for tomorrow. About 50 pages of political accountability and 100 of Video-politics(how the media influences politics.)

No comments: