Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Poker, Poker and more Poker...and a new TV


I went to Canadian Tire with the purpose of buying a bycicle and I came out with a 24" TV. Don't ask me how....I am a complex guy. It isn't a high-end TV, I don't need one since I am always busy, playing poker and generally on the go somewhere.

After I broke my back bringing it to my crib; I installed it and put it on a small stool i have while I get a nice table. I watched some TV while browsing the net on my cool Axim x51v (here is a pic for you geeks).

After that I went online to play poker. I entered a NL tournament with unlimited rebuys in the first hour. It was a mess, it was all over the place, people were going all in all the time with marginal hands, bluffing was impossible in there. Since there were so many rebuys, the prize pool was fat, it was 10 grands!!! and for an entrance of 10 bucks...who is complaining. I was able to make it through the fist break and lost after 30 minutes of that, finished 241st out of 850 people. It was all good since I lost to a rivered trips-I wasn't blaming myself.

After that I went to a ring game. I know I said I wasn't gonna play in themanymore- just tournaments, but I considered this different; it wasn't a 10 people 1-2 NL ring game; it was a 2-2NL 5 people game...a whole different dynamic. I went in with 40 bucks came out with 105. A 65 US profit on 30 minutes, not bad...hahha
My strategy was to call everything if the pot wasn't raised, I would raise with a blackjack or 20 hand, and I would raise suited connectors, I was being really agressive and it worked a charm. Also, I was lucky because the other 4 players where really conservative...haha

While I was in the table, I befriended a nice dude from London (whom I took all his money), he taught me a method of getting 30% of the rake i put in pokerroom back. That is nice, it is like 100 US a month for me...free. If you interested let me know an I might consider letting you in the secret :)

No comments: