Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Marketing Pillows as Toys

Well, I am having this marketing proyect, and we were asked to develope and market a toy for kids in kindergardens. Well, and I came up with a pillow. How did that happen, well, at first I was gonna do some dominos kinda toys that teach how to write numbers, that would be good for kids on their last stages of kindergarden. So, at one side of the domino piece there is gonna be a number from 1 to 9, and on the other side, there would be an amount of objects (of course that the amount would be different from the number in the same domino piece). So kids are supposed to allocate a piece, let's say with the number 2 , besides another piece of domino with 2 objects on it. So, after we were discussing the idea, we were talking how to make that safe, since we are asked to do toys that are not fine toys; that is, not puzzles and stuff like that, but things which the kid would have to move his bodie while playing. So we were thinking of huge dominos. So, to make the story short, I thought, why not making them as pillows, that way it would be safe, and they can use it as pillows when they take their naps. And I saw potential, I mean, they will save money by buying our products, not to mention that they are really stylish, and we would enter another market, the market of design and decore. Check them out,
Other teams did some good toys, but there is no way that those are gonna be sold for the prices they speculate, I mean, 80 dollars on a shitty thing. I mean, we might not have the greatest toy, but we have the one that would get sold in real markets. I guess I gotta focus on that point this wednesday, which is my team's due date . We did 4 pillows, and are thinking that it would be sold on sets of 9. Nice design, he? check out how we attached the numbers. And you wouldn't believe how relaxing they are, I mean, it is unbelievable. I am taking the one with the number 1 for myself.

No comments: