Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Sunday, May 14, 2006

How people hang out in Chile





Well, I thought that it would be iteresting if I give a little idea of how people hang out in Chile, or as we call it "Carrete". Anyways, it is different from the states (as my gringo friends tell me). In here, first we organize a Pre, that is an abreviation for Pre-Carrete. In there we drink, because it is cheaper. For example, last Friday, we were celebrating the birthday of a friend, whose birthday was on Monday (it seems as if everyone's birthday is this month), anyways, we did the Pre at the roof of this apartment's building, which was pretty cool, there was a pool and everything, and if it weren't night, it would have an ocean view. Anyways, in that day, I didn't want to drink Piscola because I am sick of it. Piscola is made of Pisco, chilean's national drink and coca-cola. I prefere a piscosauer, which is pisco and limon juice and other stuff, frankly it is not easy to make that one, you can buy it done, but it is not as good as home made. Anyways, some people drink it with sprite and calle it blanco which means white, but till now I haven't seen anyone doing that. Anyways, I decided I will take advantage of the fact that I am in Chile, a country known for its fine wine, and if you are in chile, then good, cheap wine. How cheap?, well a 13% alcohol(which is really good), merlot, descent wine would cost like 2.5 dolars. For 5 you would get a damn good wine, and for 10 you would get a reserve wine. Anyways, I bought a wine, we put some music (they made me bring my notebook but they put good speakers). Anyways, at 01:10 we call the party off so that we get to the Scratch Disco on time. Our Uni has a deal there, and we can get in free before 01:30 so we wrap everything, and I helped the guy celebrating his birthday who was completely drunk, to get the stuff back to the apartment and I wanted to put my notebook there. So, we waited for a bus and we check the time and notice we won't make it on time for the disco. So we go to the most popular bar in here, which was in the same block and is two blocks from where I live. We go there, check the mood, don't like it, so we go to a booz store, speak with a drunk bump, get some booz, (pisco, rum or as we call it ron), and two coca-colas to mix the drinks. Yeah, yeah, I know I said I wasn't going to drink pisco. Anyways, we went back to the apartment, put some music, play some electric guitar, drink pisco. Now that is called a post-carrete or simply post, we also use the term "After" for a post carrete. A post-carrete is just going back to someone's place and finish the night there. I couldn't drink much, not even half a glass 'cause I was so cold and having the chills. Anyways, at 4:00 we were thinking of leaving, I got home which is 3 blocks away at 5:00 in the morning.Check the bump in th epix.

1 comment:

Iyad Atuan said...

nicde post bro, but FYI it is BUM not bump