Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Begginer's luck or psychic skills.

Today I met the worst luckiest player ever.
At the poker table I was completely dominating the table...I had tells, I played any two cards making profit, I bluffed on and off position.

Then, a skinny little blondie came sat beside me-she had no clue how to bet and to play. I knew she wasn't acting, she was a complete disaster. After a couple of hands I noticed that she called every hand and hoped to get lucky, I was so happy-it was gonna be like stealing candy from a baby.

I had the dealer button and I had pocket 5s. Everyone called and when it came to her she raised it to $12 (the big blind was $2) I was right after her, I called since I just wanted to sneak with it and make a lot of money if I get a set. Everyone else folded, it was the two of us.

The flop was 9 5 6 rainbow. At first I thought it was a bad flop since She could have a straight, BUT then I realized she raised to $12 before the flop- she HAD to have pocket kings, pocket aces, big slick or any other big cards; so I wasn't really concerned. She bet $15, I raised to $45, she called. A BIG tell when she called was her hand shaking-an alarm started beeping in my head.

The turn was a 10. After seeing her shaky hand while betting I realised that she had the straight, damn me, how could I get in that trap, and HOW could she have a straight if she raised before the flop? She bet $15, I called because I could still make the nuts, I had 8 outs so i had a 18% of making the nuts and I had good pot odds. The river was king, I didn't make it, she showed an 8 7 OFF-SUITED. I was so surprised and dissapointed. I motivated myself by realizing that she just got lucky and I played my hand the proper day.

After that hand I left with a $10 profit for the day :(

No comments: