Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Saturday, May 06, 2006

The birth of a great leader







Yesterday I did not go to work....no it is not what you think- I didn't call sick nor took a personal day; I went to the 360 degrees: the measure of a leader. It was a workshop where suposedly the greatest leaders in the states would talk to 100,000 people via satelite. My opinion, crap. Here is a list of the speakers:

The goods:
1. Mark Sanborn - He is right, you don't need a tittle to be a leader.
2. Todd Duncan - I liked his bycicle analogy to good leaders and business.
3. Patrick Lencioni - He was the best speaker, I would hire him anytime.
4. Dave Ramsey - Funny guy. But nothing useful.
5. Tim Sanders - He was annoying but trying to be funny. Good effort.

The bads:
1. John C. Maxwell - I don't like cult leaders.
2. General Leo Brooks - This was a leadership workshop not a propaganda for the U.S. Army.
3. Peyton and Archie Manning - Very cute, dad and son.
4. Don Soderquist - Too old school for me.
5. Kathy Ireland - She had a sqeeky voice...very annoying. And I felt she was taing to retarded people, she had no communication skills at all. Also, I don't know what she was talking about, I think she was trying to explain why she wasn't a supeormodel anymore or something...I don't know.
6. J.C. Watts - He was of no use.

I ain't gonna bore you with what they said but in a nutshell what they wanted to get across was that the best quality of a leadership are:
1. Trust
2. Accountability
3. Vision
There are some more qualites of a leader but these are the ones that were mentioned often.

Also, today we went to celebrate our birthday; Lucian and I. What are the odds the two maintenance people born on the same day, May 7. We went to a place called Dave and Buster's, it is an awesome place, it has a pool hll, awesome videogames, a nice bar and very sexy ladies. Goodtimes.

No comments: