Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The whiteboard.

When I entered my department I was surprised by what i saw, it was a breakthrough, the answer to my questions, it was not the whiteboardthat i installed yesterday; it was what was written on it.

I had been having this problem in the department - it was very hard to motivate my guys. I tried talking to them, paying attention to whjat they were saying but nothing. GFinally, I decided to get a huge white board, 96" x 48". i hd it installed at the entrance of the department.

First I was hesitant of what to write down. After a little meditation i came up with something; metrics, question of the day and an activity board. As for what surprised me was that I actually had some replies on the board, I was amazed. Also, they started popping in my office with ideas of what to do to improve the system. It was a glorious day.

No comments: