Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Using NLP in Poker night

Yesterday I was handicapped; my neck was stiff. I don't know what was the resaon, either I slept bad or it was my new AC in my office. Anyways, I couldn't go out so all i did the entire day was go to the driving class and play Call of Duty 2. At night Mika called me to see what's up- we agreed to meet for a house poker game. I met his friend Steve in his house. He was a nice guy, I liked him but I was surprised Mika had friends that were no snakes as his other friends, Ali....etc.

We took off to Jason's house around 10:30, we passed by the liqor store but it was closed- what a dissapointment. It was 5 of us, 5 dollars per head, so we were playin for a 25 dollar pot, i was there just for fun. It was Jason, Steve, Mika, I and Jenna. Jenna is some girl they knew from school. I was surprised when Mika told me that everyone in the table made out with her because she looked like such a nice girl. Now she was Steve's girlfriend; poor guy.

We started playing, I started conservative so I could get some tells and know what type of players they were. After 2 hands I knew I had this game. First, I had to put Mika's state somewhere that he wouldn't win so i started busting his balls and I used a time distortion pattern to make him feel he lost already; he was the first one out. Then Steve and Jason were no problem at all, they were playing on the first level and as we know i play on the third level. If you curious what they are:
Level one: you play what you have
Level two: you play what your opponent has
Level three: you play what your opponent thinks you have

I had a 3 4 suited and I just called from the dealer button. I got an inside straight from the flop; I needed a 5. Jason bet 100, Steve and Mika called and I followed suit. It was a 5 on the turn, I got the straight. They all checked, I bet 200, they called expect Jason. The river was 8, Mika bet 200, steve called and I raised to 800. After 5 minutes of hesitation they all folded. At that time even tho I had the straight I wanted to make them angry and play foolish so I just uncovered the 3. They were so angry I knew it worked. So after half an hour they were out, it was down to meand Jenna.

She was a hard coockie to break- she was playing just good cards and very little bluffs. I had to break her if I wanted to win. I start playig really agreesive with bad hands like 7 2 and 3 4 and stealing the blinds. then I got 3 of a kind, I wanted her to bet big, so what I did I wanted to get in her mind. I told her: " You know Jenna I can't remember the last time I lost a game. Can you REMEMBER THE LAST TIME YOU LOST? WHAT DID IT FEEL LIKE?" and i jut put a fake smile. It worked since she bet big, I took half her chips. After that I played super agressive, Finally I beat her with a pocket 9s.

It was a good night, it reaffirmed me that I had a talent in poker and I shouldn't quit.

No comments: