Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

IKEA; simply doesn't make sense.





Today I got my IKEA funiture. I am still trying to compute how I blew $1,500 on IKEA furniture. Well, amazingly it took me 3 hours to assemble 4 chairs and a coffee table for which the instructions were way off. I was thinking how good an idea it is to open a website for assembling IKEA stuff, something like BetterIKEAmanuals.com, this website would contain proper catalogues for assemblying IKEA furniture, these catalougues would include proper descriptions instead of caveman drawings.

After assembling the furniture I went online to play poker at partypoker.com, i started with $100 after 10 minutes i was at $122, after 40 minutes i was at $189, it all seemed going well and i was ruling over the table-or so I thought. I got pocket kings; this is the second most hated hand in my personal list. My most hated hand is ace king (a.k.a. big slick) yes i know you will be saying these are the best hands, but I have had bad luck with them, that is why I call ace king "Anna Kournikova"; it looks good but it never wins.

So once I got it I raised to $5, 3 guys called. After the flop of ace, queen and five, one guy raised $8 so I reraised to $20; don't ask me why, I have my retarded moments as everyone else. The turn was an ace-bad news. By now I KNEW he had at least three aces, he had me beat and i was drawing dead, however, for some unexplainable out-of-this-universe reason i bet $50 and of course he called me. The river was some low number, he bet $20 and Mr. Stupid right here called and lost to a full house; aces full of queens. After that it went down the hill and I lost all of it. Lesson learned - always keep your cool.

No comments: