Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Thursday, April 20, 2006

5-hour meeting...what's next?

I was in the office half an hour late-it was OK, everything is OK, I have a very relaxed boss; Lucin. As long as I do my job he doesn't care what I do. The morning was really hectic, first I had to get an extension cord for the camera since the battery dies after 2 hours and we needed continous recording of the robot working. Suposedly there is a problem with the packing robot, however, every single time i am around it just works fine so i just installed the camera, hopefullyI will able to see what problem they are talking about.

Later, Lucian called me to his office to tell me about the auditor that was coming to my department to talk to some of my guys. So I just rushed and talked to them to make sure they put their stuff together and not be caught by surprise. When I was at the TTC, I was doing some internal audits in several yards. I never got why everyone hated my guts so much since I was thre to help them out- surely I do know now. I then found out that luckily the auditor talked to Dave, the lead mechanic, very profesional individul; so I knew I was fine.

Finally, after talking to Lucian about the march report that i was preparing, I went to my office to get something in my belly and relax for 5 minutes. I barely finished my pasta and Fern was knocking at my door in a white-stripe blue golf shirt, it was his day off and obviously he was pissed that Zak called him for themeeting since it was the only day he had with his wife.

Me: "Come in Fern."
Fern: "I don't know if Zak told you but we have a meeting at 12 to talk about the printers' scheduling."

At that time I remembered Zak's email talking about that. I was the PM guy, not a process engineer. I am a big picture guy, not the one looking for the daily technbical problems.

Me: "Alright, let's go."

Zak wasn't in the meeting room, he then gave me a call saying hat he was going to be 20 minutes late because he was with the auditor. So we started the meeting without him...after 40 minutes he showed up. This meeting seemed to take forever; we were in that room till 5:30 o clock, that's a FIVE-HOUR meeting!

When it was done I noticed that Lucian wasn't alright so I went to check on him and he was really pissed how Zak is stealing me from his department. He first stole Octavian; the project engineer, now he wanted me. After Lucian entered Zak's office, I heard some yelling and after 20 minutes he came out. I just made sure he was ok and not fired. After Diego's resignation the last thing I needed was Lucian to quit. Diego, the production manager, resigned today. I was surprised because he is the best person in the plant. After he told me the news, I just had to ask him why, he replied that the job was aking too much time from him and he had no time for his kids, wife and friends. That takes a lot of courage, just to resign from a good position and dedicate yourself to your family, I envied his determination and courage a little bit.

No comments: