Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Investment Firm Idea

A couple of months ago I opened a real FOREX account with Gain Capital. At first I had some loses due to mistaken trades and bad/mixed signals, but for the last month I have been trying a new simple system that I have developed and it has shown me good return. In the last 7 days I made 47%! The most I have lost is 5% and the biggest day return has been 23%.

I have an idea of opening a small FOREX firm where I invest people’s money for a 4% monthly return with an 80% guarantee on their deposit. The return sounds tempting to most investors (that is a 48% annual ROI) and if 80% of their investment is guaranteed it will make it an investment hard to refuse.

I admit that my last week return is not sustainable, so my goal is more realistic, my goal is to make 1% per day (that is 34% a month or 30% after I pay my investors).

It is too early to say but I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

4 comments:

Jeff D said...

I like the idea, but in the U.S. you cannot guarantee returns. I'd imagine Canada is structured the same way.

You'd run into serious trouble with the SEC if you tried.

Iyad Atuan said...

You misunderstood my post. I would guarantee 80% of the investment, not the monthly return.
Is that still a problem with the SEC?

Any other suggestions or thoughts? i would really appreciate them since i am not that familiar with all the ropes of opening a biz

Glendon said...

Share your forex strategy. Visit my forex blog at forexology.blogspot.com where I discuss trading ideas and describe my own nervous trading journey. Maybe u can help me a bit too.

Jeff D said...

I think any guaranteeing of a return in the U.S. is not allowed, but I'm not sure about that.

Essentially you would need to tell people that there was a realistic chance they could lose all their money, explain the risks, etc.

I have no idea if this is similar in Canada, but I would imagine so.