Iyad Atuan investing insight Headline Animator

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Change of Gears

I have been talking about poker for 99% of my posts, so I decided to change it a bit and I will talk about my personal and professional growth goals for these couple of years.

Health – Lose weight and become 225 lbs @ 14% body fat

In September I was 313 lbs and 32% body fat, through proper eating and exercise I have been able to drop my weight to 291 lbs and 27% body fat. I am confident that I can lose the weight like I did 3 years ago BUT this time I will stick to it.

Fitness – Commute both to and from work on my bike during the summer

I partially did this since I just got my bike at the end of the summer.

Financial – Double my savings

I was a great saver when I had no obligations but once the obligations kicked in I saved a lot less so the challenge is to save while you have obligations as well.

Financial – Diversify my portfolio and get ROI of 20% for this year.

Mainly I have been investing in mutual funds and it has been great but I will introduce stocks in the picture see what happens.

Education – Do my MBA

I will apply for admission this September at York University so I can do it part-time while I work.

Career

I have a lot of goals for this but instead of boring you I will tell you that I am planning to finish all my projects and increase the uptime in the plant.

So that’s it, I will let you know what I achieve and what not at the end of this year.

Brought to you by…
EV

No comments: